Last two weeks ago, while the tropical cyclone Gorio devastated multiple islands with heavy rain and strong winds causing power outages, cessation of transportation services and displacing thousands of people...I was thinking and craving for yummy banana cake. But I can't go to the nearest mall to buy one. So I made my own, courtesy of the Maya Kitchen's mix.
This Banana Cake is very easy to make, moist and flavorful with the sweetness of mashed bananas. Great if you have peanut butter or chocolate for frosting and best to eat for morning or afternoon tea.
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1/4 cup water
2 ripe bananas (approximately 150g, any kind, mashed)
Maya Kitchen's Banana Cake Mix
1 medium egg
1) Line the sides and bottom of an 8 x 3 inch loaf pan with wax paper
2) Combine the cake mix, oil, water, bananas, and egg in a wooden bowl. Beat with wooden spoon until smooth, about 50 strokes.
3) Pour the mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
4) Cover loosely with alluminum foil and lightly seal at the edges
5) Bake in the oven toaster for 10 minutes. Turn the pan sideways and bake for 10 minutes more.
6) Check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick at the center. if it does not come out clean, continue baking for 3-5 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean and dry. Let cool and serve with peanut butter or chocolate for frosting.