Do yourself a very nice flavor.
Here's another recipe from The Maya Kitchen's Dessests to Go event last month.
This sticky treat is another masterpiece of chef Hasset Go.
For the crust:
1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup MAYA All Purpose Flour
6 tablespoons butter
For the Custard:
4 pieces eggs
1 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup MAYA All Purpose Flour
½ cup fresh calamansi juice
1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
• Preheat Oven to 325F. Grease and flour an 8x8 square baking pan.
• For the crust: combine all dry ingredients into a bowl. Cut in butter and toss mixture using fork or pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
• For the Custard: In a bowl whisk together eggs and coco sugar until well combined. Add flour, stir well. Add calamansi juice.
• Pour calamansi custard mixture over pre baked crust and bake for 20 minutes. Top custard with the toasted cooled coconut and bake again for 5 minutes.
• Cool for 1 hour, dust with confectioners’ sugar then cut.
On 02 August