I received an emailcast from Department of Tourism - Region III Regional Director Ronaldo P. Tiotuico regarding the proper use of the “IT’S MORE FUN” tourism branding campaign and I am pleased to share with you the emailcast in full text below.
HOW TO USE THE “IT’S MORE FUN” TOURISM BRANDING CAMPAIGN
In order to effectively and efficiently promote our campaign, “It’s More Fun in the Philippines”, ALL offices and attached agencies are hereby directed to secure a copy of the complete logo guidelines of the country’s new tourism branding campaign.
The said guidelines will standardize and regulate the use of the campaign logo in all marketing and advertising efforts of the Department of Tourism (DOT) and all its attached agencies. The said guidelines may also be used and distributed to all national government agencies and instrumentalities, local government units, DOT-accredited establishments, and private partners, subject to the conditions provided for in the guidelines.
For the guidance of all concerned, the salient features of the said guidelines are as follows:
1. Word mark: It’s More Fun in the Philippines should be rendered in one phrase, without the period.
2. Font style: use only Harabara (by Andre Harabara, available for download at http://harabara.carbonmade.com)
3. Color Renditions: If the background image is light, the word mark should be rendered in all blue. If the background image is dark, the word mark should be in all white. If the logo is set against a colored background, contrast should be based on opacity. In all cases, if the entire line cannot be read clearly and easily, adjustments in color (either of the background or of the tagline should be made).
4. General Prohibitions: The logo cannot be distorted in any way. It cannot be boxed or embossed, nor have a glow or outline around it. Its orientation is fixed and cannot be altered nor reconfigured. Its proportion cannot be change. The font style and colors, apart from those mentioned previously, cannot be changed as well.
5. When using the campaign logo and tagline, the line “It’s More Fun in the Philippines” should remain intact and should not be changed. Hence, lines such as It’s More Fun in (brand name/place) is not allowed.
In all instances, the logo and the tagline cannot be used for commercial purposes without prior written consent or endorsement from the Department of Tourism through the Tourism Promotion Board (TPB). Furthermore, the logo and the tagline shall in no way be utilized for or associated with any illegal, immoral, inappropriate conduct, or anything that would degrade the Philippines and the Department.
For the complete guidelines, which include the high resolution file formats the logos (both in horizontal and vertical orientation), all are enjoined to secure a copy by downloading the same at
RAMON R. JIMENEZ JR.
Department of Tourism - Region III (Central Luzon)
Paskuhan Village, City of San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines
Ronaldo P. Tiotuico - Regional Director
Phone: (63 45) 961-2612 / 5617 / 625-8525
Recipient (Best Ecotourism Project - Mt. Pinatubo): PATA Gold Intl Award 2001, Kalakbay Natl Award 2001, ASEANTA Intl Award 2002
Log on: www.visitmyphilippines.com
MORE THAN 200,000 ONLINE GUESTS VISIT THIS SITE EVERY MONTH. FIND OUT WHY!